A Day In the Life

This is a snippet of a piece I am working on now.  It is called Changing Directions, it is piece comprised of chain stitches and French knots.  I’ll share when it’s finished.
 
It’s been a really long time hasn’t it been?  Maybe you’ve noticed, maybe you haven’t?  Either way it’s time I try to make my dreams come true.  I gave up clear and simple.  I gave up.  I thought I wasn’t a good enough writer and I couldn’t find the words to write anymore.  Very clear and very simple.
 
Yesterday I went to see Kathy at the Katbird Shop and realized just how much work I produced when I believed I could be an artist, before the divorce, before starting to worry about the future all the time.  It was so much easier to embroider all the time when I wanted to escape, now that I’m free not so easy.  One thing about security besides sometimes feeling like you are in a prison it makes it easy to escape into whatever world you wish to be in.  You have someone else making enough money so you can eat, you have a roof over your head you don’t have to worry about paying for, and the big one you don’t have to worry about being alone.  Loneliness is a tough one.  I hate to be lonely, absolutely hate it.  I will go to a supermarket opening just to avoid sitting in my apartment alone, silly isn’t it?
 
I took myself to Panera and had a tuna fish sandwich and some chips by myself, the highlight of the afternoon was watching a man clean off his table so beautifully and meticulously and then sit down to drink a cup of coffee.  I was impressed. I am always impressed by a man who takes care of himself.
 
Now let me get to the point, last night I went to see a Beatles tribute band with some friends.  I had an excellent time.  The guitarist was someone I met in passing previously and he told me he was thinking of giving up playing in bands because he had a full time job which was paying his bills.  I can tell you after seeing him play that would have been a terrible mistake, he’s a damn good guitar player.  The entire band was made up of very good musicians who need his guitar playing. While I was listening to him play, he showed me the errors of my own ways. If you love something and you have since you are a child you have to make it work.  Somehow, someway.   You owe it to yourself and you owe it to those around you, because unfulfilled love will haunt you every day of your life.  Someone out there is waiting to see what you write or waiting to see your next piece of art or waiting to hear your next guitar solo.  Go for it.
 
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make (the End by the Beatles).  Be back soon with another day in the life.  Keep stitching!



Comments

Crazy for Art said…
I just stumbled on your blog. I LOVE your long and winding road piece. How is it going? I've been divorced too, then best friend died. Now things are good again and they will be for you too.
I came to your blog from the Hand Embroidery Network. I see your life is in transition. The piece you are working on as shown in this latest pic is stunning and colorful....that's a good sign...lots of color :)

I hope your post more often and post an updated pic of this piece. I really love your style as I have looked back at several of your pieces.

Hang in there. Life gets better. And see, you were right. Someone WAS just waiting to see your art.

I'll follow to see what you post next.

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy